Wednesday, May 4, 2011

how sweet it was...

Rudy T couldn't have said it any better...






The NBA Playoffs haven't been this exciting to me in a long...long time. Each and every first round match up was must see television. Living in Houston, it's safe to say it's been quite some time since we had something to celebrate about. Having grown up in the 90's (like I've stated numerous times) it was really hard to fathom not winning let alone not making the playoffs. The back-to-back championships in '94 and '95 was something definitely worth celebrating about, and at the time I really didn't understand how special, let alone how great it was to live in Houston. Yeah all you nay-sayers can say "Jordan" wasn't in the league and I get that, but nothing changes the fact that Houston had a lot to celebrate about in the 90's.

As I continue to be glued to the television during these playoffs (although my team isn't in it) the feeling I get watching them is almost reminiscent of that indescribable feeling I got at the pit of my stomach when I watched Hakeem and Co. battle some of the NBA greats such as (Barkley, Robinson, Ewing, O'Neal, Hardaway and many more). Many memorable moments are in engrained in my head, but the two that stick out are posted above. How sweet it was...

No comments:

Post a Comment