Thursday, June 2, 2011

Random Thoughts | Personal Style

when keepin' it real goes wrong...




We are all students of style and by no means do I consider myself to be an expert. I simply draw from life experiences and things that have influenced my past and present. Like James Wilson of Secret Forts has said, "Style is this unforced, natural thing...you just have to find what it is about it that's a part of you."

I came across this post this morning while perusing the internet via Style Blogger titled "Brooklyn Prepster" which left me scratching my head. There is no right or wrong way to define "personal" style because umm...it's personal, but I just feel the Supreme 5-panel Lynton is sporting in these pictures just seems out of place. I mean take away the cap from these pics and the dudes looking fresh, but the cap makes me think he's trying way too hard and is not keeping it one hundred. In my humble opinion, Lynton should ditch the cap from these looks or substitute the Supreme Cap in the first picture with an Ebbets Field Cap.

These common mistakes are sometimes hard to avoid, having the internet at the palm of your hands and hearing countless people (like myself) tell you what to or what not to wear, but at the end of the day I believe you should ALWAYS do you, but at the same time understand what goes together and steer clear of "trend-humping" which I described here. I'm no mind reader by any means and for all I know he can be taking the whole eff 'em attitude, but to me, this cap just clashes with the rest of the unit...just saying.

Without further adieu...here are some great videos of people who explain personal style and what it means to them.


Jake Davis Test Shots: Joshua Kissi from Jake Davis on Vimeo.



Jake Davis Test Shots: James Wilson from Jake Davis on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment