Thursday, February 17, 2011

drape'd up and dripped out

know what i'm talkin' bout..


[This post is long overdue]

So you've decided to drop the "boyish" haircut you've had since high school (well it's about time seein' as your probably not in high school any longer). Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about. Hair spiked in the front a la "faux hawk" or tussled carelessly, c'mon so predictable. It's time you let go of that juvenile haircut and opt for a more manly look a la Mad Men...just sayin'.

Partner "let me upgrade you" (that's my last Texas tune reference of the night...i promise) with the much needed help from The Art of Manliness:

The Don Draper

Tell your barber…
Ask him to cut your hair tight and tapered on the sides and leave it long and full on the top. Tell the barber that you also want your part on the left side of your head. Yeah, I said part. The part demands respect. The part is powerful. Your barber can cut your hair in order to help your hair part more easily.

To style…
Take your hair product of choice and run it through your hair while it’s still damp. Take your comb and create your part on the left side of your head. Create a small wave on the front of your hair by combing your bangs up and back towards the right. Comb back the sides of your hair.  I use American Crew Firm Hold Styling Gel (not because the hairstylist for Mad Men use it) which you can get about anywhere including Wal-Mart and Target for a very reasonable price. I strongly feel it keeps my hair in place even in the humidity we receive here in Houston and it has a pleasant "manly" scent to it. Most importantly it doesn't flake like most gels and isn't as greasy as your granpappy's goods! After combing my front I like to run my hands through it so it doesn't look so plastered. Bada-bing! Instant Draper.

Now you're ready to demand RESPECT.

No comments:

Post a Comment