Thursday, January 27, 2011

Buy It Now | Oak Street Bootmakers Navy Vibram Sole Trail Oxford

can't wait 6 weeks...


By no stretch of the imagination do I consider these shoes "new" or even "exclusive". By now you're probably sick of me bloggin' about these joints (7 posts...wait make that 8). The real deal (Holyfield) is that people don't like to wait for shoes. Trust me...you don't know how excruciating the wait was for these Navy Vibram Sole Trail Oxfords. A complete nightmare to say the least, but that's what I'm here for. To help ease any pain/hesitation you may have from ordering these shoes and waiting 6 weeks. Well let me be the first to tell you...there's NO NEED to wait! The great people over at Wharf got you covered and these beauties can be delivered to you in no time.

Let me just tell you, being in Houston, these shoes have been a great winter shoe for the "cold" weather we experience here. The Navy Horween Chromexcel leather is a thing of beauty and only gets better with age. The leather is super supple, yet very sturdy. I mean when was the last time you could recall wearing a leather shoe without socks all day without experiencing and discomfort or even worse blistering...how about NEVER. I definitely adore these shoes and can't believe how smoothly they'll transition into my Spring/Summer wardrobe. Right now I'm loving the fact that I can throw on some camp socks with these, but by early March here in Houston I'll be going sock-less. Almost forgot to mention how nicely the Vibram Sole complements the Navy Chromexcel Leather. It gives the shoe that added pop that sets the shoe apart from all the other winter shoes that you've seen on the streets. It doesn't hurt to be just a little different at times. Right?

Sizing: In my opinion I opted to go a half size down because I wanted them to be comfortable sock-less and still be able to wear them with thicker (camp) socks. Most people say they fit true to size, which may cause some confusion, so that's why I stated "in my opinion."

So if you can't wait the 6 weeks for these joints I suggest you check out Wharf and while you're at peep the rest of the goods they have, I can promise you you'll be adding more than one thing to your shopping cart! Till next time.

Buy these now at Wharf for $236.

Happy Shopping,

AFS


*Additional Information*
Navy Horween Chromexcel leather. Hand-stitched moccasin construction. Vibram sole. Form-fitting inner. Waxed stitching. Rawhide laces. Handcrafted in the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment